Thursday, November 15, 2012

Been a while...

I have neglected things the past couple of years, did not realize it had been so long since I was on here!  My business has grown, not as much as I would like, but it is slowing getting better.  I still have issues of getting in my own way to help grow my business.  I do good for a while, then ~~splat~~.

One good thing, last year the credit cards were paid off...YAY!!  such a huge thing.  No more of that debt. We just have to repay 1 loan we have out and the regular bills.  We will be having a payment probably soon, we need a new boat and eventually a new truck for the hubby.  Also need to get the Tahoe fixed...hopefully by January we can do that. **fingers crossed**

The bad thing for the year...I lost my dad.  He was diagnosed with cancer in August and he passed in October.  Only 72 days...so little time to even start to comprehend what was happening.  The last few days were awful for him, he went in the hospital on Sunday, I went up to see him.  By monday night, the doctor told mom that he wouldn't make it.  The cancer has grown and doubled/tripled in size and spread.  Nothing was working...At first she said 4 months to live, then kept back tracking.  He was approved to put in hospice, and Thursday morning he was gone.

I think they knew more than they told us for a longer period of time than just that day.  I would have taken time off of work to be with dad if we had known it was about to end.  I feel cheated of that precious time.   They were just about to celebrate 41 years of marriage.  I don't think the full scope of everything has hit, even though I saw his body after.  He was cremated, per his request and his remains are about 40 min from my house, so if I feel the need, it's not too far to go talk to him.

God has a plan for us all, it was not my place to question why dad is gone so quickly, but it doesn't stop me from thinking it was too soon.  I told God, "I don't know why you took my dad, and took him the way you did, but I understand you have a plan for each and every one of us, even if we don't agree.  Please make sure my dad is comfortable and happy and let mom feel his love in their home and when she misses him, let him be near.  I love my Dad very much and will miss him.  If he cannot be in our home, I'm glad it is yours that he is in."

Anyway - been hard focusing at work lately.  I need to get up to about $1500/mo income with Ameriplan and then I don't have to work and can spend whatever time with mom or wherever.  Mom retires in Jan 2014, I need to be making that money by then.

ok...time to go find something funny to cheer me back up....  At the risk of sounding cliche, Life is short - live it up.  Always keep a positive attitude, even on a bad day, stay positive.  You will be surprised at the way the worlds works when you are positive, even when "bad" things happen.

love you dad...thank you for being you and loving me.  thank you for being a mentor and friend to my hubby, he appreciated it more than you will know.  it means so much to me knowing that you were such a positive influence on his life.

http://www.corbettfuneral.com/obituaries/Donald-Tracey/

May you have blessed day, tell you family and best friends that you love them every chance you get.

No comments: